What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few odd'ns

smle2009

Hi to all,
looking for any ideas on these three please...the first is a rimmed 'round',approximately 8mm calibre with a case length of 47mm,both bullet and case are made of a 'zinc'? alloy and has a copper 'bung' in the base...I suspect made for a toy?

The second would seem to be a Swiss 7.5mm with the early case length of 53mm but is machined from a solid piece of brass,machined internally as well complete with fire hole

Third is also machined from solid brass but with a copper projectile,approximately 5mm, and has a case length of 35mm,projectile does move in the case,and it looks like someone has tried to remove it with pliers in the past!....very similar in dimension to a 4.6mm CETME but not quite the same at the neck/shoulder

Any help with these would be great

Tony

PB270001.jpgPB270002.jpgPB270003.jpgPB270004.jpgPB270005.jpgPB270006.jpgPB270007.jpg

Tony, your third round is very definitely for a toy gun I'm afraid. I found one of these years ago and I was convinced it was some rare unknown experimental dummy. If I remember correctly it was an accessory to a Japanese replica of some sort.
I haven't seen either of the other two before but first impression is that they're also toys....
Jim

oh dear, thats a bit of a bugger Tony - glad I gave it rather than sold it to you!!! Dave:bigsmile:

#4 could be from a real cartridge, but I would agree with Jim that the others do look like toy/replica rounds.

Hi Tony, The first one i can remember is from a leather belt, it had a few of these both sides of the buckle, i had one in the 70s.
Cheers
Andy

Last edited: