What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown 90mm AT round

Spaceinvader

Hello all,
I was watching this entertaining video of a what is said to be a T8 90mm AT gun destroying a Mac. I was wondering what type of round they are using? In the video the guy says it breaks apart once reaching supersonic speeds and you can see in the slow motion the metal flaps on the bottom of the projectile breaking away almost like a sabot. I assume it is some type of Israeli round judging by the writing on the projectile. Would be nice to know the type of projectile it is! Thanks,
Rhys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUaFCJFaBtQ90mmAt round1.jpg90mmAt round.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics aswell, hopefully they are good enough to ID the round.

By the shape and case length it looks like a Mecar round, but the case looks remanufactured. From the high speed photos, I'm thinking it's a TP round. The part that breaks off just stabilizes it down the barrel. The projo doesn't explode, but just travels through the target.

You will have to go by photo name for sequence. The site seems to put them in the order it wants.

Attachments

• Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Image9.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 25
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
It is a 90mm training round of some sort, but I can't read the last letter on the left of the acronym to be sure of the type.

Thanks to both of you. I thought it might be some type of TP round as it seems very unstable in flight. And I am sure the casing is not original, just made to be able to fire the gun repeatedly once reloaded.
Does anyone have more info or one of these rounds in their collection?