What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17 Pounder production

nathanieljr

Hi,
Does anyone have, or know where I can find, information on overseas production of 17 pounder ammo? Specifically Canada, but anywhere else too.
I'm interested due to basic APC being by far the most produced round in the UK, yet many period photos focussing on APCBC. Was this partly propaganda? Or was Canadian production centred around the newer round?

Lovely old footage Q.
thats the first time I've seen Pheasants in action, although they didn't seem to jump as much as I'd imagined after reading how they got their name.

I believe eve there is one being restored somewhere up north....(that's above Basingstoke btw)

I have some data on Canadian 17 pdr ammunition from the 1950s from the National Archives- it had better dispersion than the British projectiles and produced less fouling