What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vol.3 ' History of ammunition'

kahu1

Premium Member
Surprised this hasn't been posted before, released this new year, the 'History of ammunition' book series finally has vol.3.

I got a copy a few days ago, well worth the investment if you have any interest in US small arms ammo up to .60cal.

check out the link below,with sample pages and ordering details;

http://www.historyofammunition.com/

It is an investment, postage to pretty much anywhere is nasty, but i know from Vol.1&2 , this will be a reference that is constantly being refered to.
Highly recommended.

cheers
Bob

Very highly recommended. These volumes were written by the legends of small arms ammunition. The information contained is fantastic, and to have it in single volumes is a research dream. For those attending SLICS this year you can pre-order and pick up you copies there, saving the postage if you wish.

Expanding upon Bob's post above, History of Modern U.S. Military Small Arms Ammunition Vol. III: 1946 - 1977 and covers U.S. military small arms ammunition. This includes standard, non-standard and (lots of) experimental small arms ammunition of the period. In the tradition established in Vol. I & II, Vol. III is filled with sectional line drawings and black & white photos of box/carton fronts etc. The book is 626 pages and was a massive undertaking to say the least.

As Bob alluded to the only down side to this is the cost of shipping. In a thread on the IAA Forum ( http://iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18266 ) concerning the book, other out of country purchasers (like Bob above) have reported back that their copies arrived in good order.

I got my copy and the best I can say is that to try and describe Vol. III and do it justice is almost impossible.

Brian

I got my copy but did not open the wrapper. I am afraid to find out how much I don't know.

Come to the St. Louis show, carry the book back home, and then tell your wife how much you saved on shipping!

Bought all three volumes together last year which had the added advantage of having the addendums for Volumes 1 & 2 included. Fantastic refrence work and worth every penny.
Now I need a reliable similar source for pre 1880 U.S. military ammo if anyone knows of one :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Tony