What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sources for Replica WW2 Projectiles

jeff w

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us who prefer a cartridge with a replica projectile as opposed to an empty case (until a real one can be found).
If you know of any manufacturers of any good WW2 era replica projectiles please let us know- I believe that there are more cases than projectiles to go around!

The ones I am aware of;

On ebay a user name rgreen502 from Ohio USA makes resin Japanese 47mm AP. I have seen these and they are excellent quality.

On ebay a user from Italy username 90pnzgren has German 20mm HE/AP, 37mm AP and 88mm AP replicas. They look very good in the photos. He had no web site last time I enquired.

cdvs.us (formerly Big Sky Surplus) has German 88mm replica projectiles

Ravennaarmory.com sells American 37mm M2 Canister resin replicas

I make resin replicas mate what are you after ?

I have way too many to list.
But I would theorize that like myself, people are primarily interested in the projectiles that are hard to obtain due to either rarity or shipping constraints.

For example British 2 pounder squeezebore; French 37mm APCR; French 47mm AP (both tank and anti-tank); Japanese HEAT; Big heavy Russian projectiles(100mm, 122mm...) etc.

I have way too many to list.
But I would theorize that like myself, people are primarily interested in the projectiles that are hard to obtain due to either rarity or shipping constraints.

For example British 2 pounder squeezebore; French 37mm APCR; French 47mm AP (both tank and anti-tank); Japanese HEAT; Big heavy Russian projectiles(100mm, 122mm...) etc.

unfortunatatly I can only cast what I can get originals of :( I don't have any of those
-Tim

unfortunatatly I can only cast what I can get originals of :( I don't have any of those
-Tim

That seems to be the catch-22.
If you have an original, you don't need to be bothered with making a replica.
If you need it, you don't have anything to make the replica from!
Maybe we should change this thread into "How to make a resin replica".
If it is easy, maybe people can make and trade replicas. Anybody an expert in resin replica techniques?

Last edited:
If you want to make resin copies of projectiles/fuzes etc,check out your local hobby store.Easy mix moulding silicon and resins are available from them, not cheap but depends how serious you want to get.
The silicon will hold a lot of detail,and won't damage the original,so skilfully painted/finished, apart from weight they are very effective.I have made copies of 20mm and 30mm projs. and fuzes,to fill empty cases and projectiles.
Handy if you want a link belt of Hispano, but don't want to use the collector items!
If more people got involved the relative cost would be offset by the variety of product for trade.

Here's a place in Australia that makes resin products.

REPLICA GUNS AND ORDNANCE AUSTRALIA
http://replicagunsandordinanceaustralia.com/Replica-Grenades-and-Mines.php

Resin replica M18A1 Claymore Mine set
M18 Smoke Grenades
German WW2 Stick Grenade replica
M36 Mills Grenade Replica
M26 H.E Resin Replica Grenade
M18 Smoke Grenade resin replica
Australian Resin Replica F1 H.E and F3 Practice grenades
20 Pounder resin replica fuse
Resin Replica CHICOM (Vietnam era - similar to Jap) Stick Grenades and Russian F1 Grenades
M34 WP resin Grenade Replica
U.S Mark 2 Pineapple Grenade resin replica
WW2 Italian RED DEVIL resin replica Grenade
Japanese Type 97 replica
40mm Bofors Round Fuses ..resin replica , threaded ,supplied in Grey resin
5 for $ 60.00 or $ 15.00 ea plus post
40mm Bofors projectiles with fuse - solid resin replicas supplied in grey resin
40mm HEDP rsin replica projectiles

I needed a French 47mm AT gun AP round for my empty case, so I made one today out of stainless steel, brass and aluminum. The proper French name for this projectile is: Cartouche a Perforant avec Fausse-Ogive,Taceur Mle1938. I show it next to my 47mm French tank repro AP projectile.

Attachments

• IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Those are beautiful.
Ever consider a Youtube how-to video?
I'd love to see how that is done. :hmmmm2:

That French seller you named...Milcorem... is excellent. I have had several things from him and there have been no problems. Excellent quality.

Thanks Flak18 - Looks like he does not accept Paypal or Credit Cards.. which will make it very difficult if not impossible for us here in the USA to buy any of his products...

Hey Jeff. That would be a long Youtube video on machinist training and press fits. It would put everyone to sleep in minutes.

That French seller you named...Milcorem... is excellent. I have had several things from him and there have been no problems. Excellent quality.
I can echo Matt's sentiments here- I have lots of Milcorem's reproductions and the level of detail is amazing. You can even see the tooling marks on a lot of his stuff. There's no messing about either - he gets the stuff out quickly and I've never had to go looking for an order.