What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sources for Replica WW2 Projectiles

I have had numerous projectiles and several entire rounds made for me by ECRA member Mick Wilkinson, in calibres 20 to 57mm. They are all machined from solid aluminium and painted in typical colours. It's the only way to get representative examples of a lot of items.

The biggest one he's made for me is the WW2 German experimental 55 x 450B Geraet 58 AA round, shown below next to the other (genuine) German AA rounds of the period:

GerAA.jpg

20x138B (2cm Flak 30/38), 30x184B (3cm Flak 103/38), 37x263B (3,7cm Flak 18/36/37/43), 50x346B (5cm Flak 41), 55x450B (5,5cm Gerat 58, repA)

Thanks Flak18 - Looks like he does not accept Paypal or Credit Cards.. which will make it very difficult if not impossible for us here in the USA to buy any of his products...
Is there some reason people in the US can't set up a bank transfer? It's not hard.

I have two Czech 47mm cases without projectiles, so I made one out of stainless steel and brass - patterned on my original. I will soon make one more for the other empty case. I didn't really need the reproduction, but it made me feel good to make it.

IMG_2996.jpgIMG_2997.jpg

Last edited:
bonsoir à tous,
je passe depuis de nombreuses années sur ce site de passionnés amateurs ou bien éclairé, et depuis peu, je vois des visites sur mon jeune site et vous en remercie (merci jeff w pour le lien)
nous partageons la même passion, visite par curiosité ou par intérêt de ce que je fabrique,
c est avec plaisir que je souhaite partager aussi ma passion en créant des copies pour compléter douilles et autres, et dans une certaine mesure, réduire le risque de désobusage ou déminage au fond d'un atelier...
j essai tous les mois de rajouter des news, je lis que certain me connaisse et on l air d apprécier mes fabrications, merci(flak 18, 5th Armoured), j accepte paypal aussi depuis peu (peregrinvs, jeff w)
pour ceux qui souhaites faire un essai ou repasser commande, je propose un code de réduction de 10% en entrant le nom en quatre lettres du site...
n'hésitez pas à me contacter si besoin, si vous ne le faites pas, ou ne pas commander, je ne vous en voudrais pas :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Pierre, milcorem

good evening everyone,
I spend many years on this site for amateur enthusiasts or well lit, and recently, I see visits my young website and thank you (thank you jeff w for link)
we share the same passion, visit out of curiosity or interest that I make,
it is with pleasure that I wish also to share my passion by creating copies for complete bushings and others, and to some extent, reduce the risk of demining désobusage or the bottom of a workshop ...
I test every month to add news, I read that some know me and appreciate the air of my fabrications, thank you (flak 18, 5th Armoured), I accept paypal too recently (peregrinvs, jeff w)
for those who want to do a test or control board, I propose a 10% discount code by entering the name in four letters of the site ...
do not hesitate to contact me if necessary, if you do not, or do not order, I would not blame you :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Pierre, milcorem

I've bought a 40mm Bofors L60 and a 3 Pounder from Milcorem.

Quite impressed. I wasn't expecting the 40mm to be cast in two parts and some of the original markings have been cast as well.

Resin 40mm + 3pdr (2).JPGResin 40mm + 3pdr (1).JPGResin 40mm + 3pdr (3).jpg

Now onto the painting.

Progress... Unfinished but coming along:

IMG_4984.JPGIMG_4982.JPGIMG_4981.JPG

Could someone confirm my belief that a WWI 3PR practice shot should have a white tip and a 1/4in yellow band around the middle?

Could someone confirm my belief that a WWI 3PR practice shot should have a white tip and a 1/4in yellow band around the middle?

Mine has a yellow band around the middle and a large white capital N filling the space between the yellow band and the driving band. A white tip generally denotes armour-piercing.

Both AP and practice shot of the period have a white tip. Capped shot has the whole cap painted white.
Practice shot have a yellow band around the middle. 2" wide for above 6" and 1" wide for below 6" down to 3pr.
N denotes naval service, but AN denotes Australian (naval), CN is Canadian (naval) and NZ is New Zealand (naval).
These what were termed colonial markings ceased at sometime just after WW1. There were other colonial markings in WW1 to distinguish Land Service.

Here are the 2 different Italian 47mm from Milcorem. Excellent quality, they fit nice and snug in the cases. Hopefully they will eventually reproduce the British 2pdr rarities (capped and squeeze).
Please correct me if I screwed up the paint schemes.

italian 002.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings
I have had several pieces from Pierre at Milcorem.....they are good.

Does anyone know where I could find a resin 17 pounder APDS projectile ?
Any for sale anywhere ?

Thanks, Charley

Milcorem currently has a 10% discount. So as a friend recently picked up a bargain priced 6PR 7CWT case for me, I've ordered an APCBC and a short HE. Some pre-painting pictures.
Replica 6PR 7CWT - APCBC + HE (1).JPGReplica 6PR 7CWT - APCBC + HE (2).JPGReplica 6PR 7CWT - APCBC + HE (3).JPGReplica 6PR 7CWT - APCBC + HE (4).JPG

Body colours and bands added.

6PR 7CWT - APCBC + HE - painted r.jpg

I seem to be getting better at doing bands. (He said modestly) As well as a couple of thin strips of electrical tape, my secret weapon has been 6mm modellers masking tape. 6mm is about 1/4in, which makes it easy to mark out 1/4in, 1/2in, etc. bands and gaps.

Now onto the fiddly horror that is stencilling...:tinysmile_cry_t2:

Hello
Do you know this resin replica is stencil site?

https://www.milcorem.fr
I know Milcorem does stencil sheets, but they look like they'd be very fiddly to cut out so I haven't bought any.

PS. Forgot to pass on a tip: if you're after a matt black paint in a spray can - Rustoleum barbecue paint goes on easily, dries quickly and is very robust when dry. It also seems to stick equally happily to plastic and metal. I used it on the APCBC above.