What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sources for Replica WW2 Projectiles

Here they are all painted and stamped. I have made 90 total so far. Stamping these is much more difficult than the originals due to their light weight of only 5 ounces. It was so much trouble, I had to turn my lathe into a stamping machine. The projectile free spins on a ball bearing roller from a mail sorting machine that I have been keeping for 20 years - just looking for the right application.
Very impressive. May I ask how you are painting the drive bands? The copper finish looks very realistic.

I just use copper spray paint from Krylon for the drive bands.
Thanks. Doesn’t look like it’s available in the UK unfortunately.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good metallic copper paint? I have a pot of the Humbrol model paint, but it’s a bit bright.

I received an order for ten Polish 37mm Bofors AP projectiles. Here is the first one.

Attachments

• Resin Polish Bofors 37mm AP.jpg
    Resin Polish Bofors 37mm AP.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 64
Here is a finished 75mm AP. I sold four to one customer.

Attachments

• Resin 75mm AP.jpg
    Resin 75mm AP.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 55
Thanks. Doesn’t look like it’s available in the UK unfortunately.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good metallic copper paint? I have a pot of the Humbrol model paint, but it’s a bit bright.

Testors 1182 Brass (those little 1/4 oz. bottles) looks like aged copper. I've done all my replica drive bands with it, very happy.

I now have M42 3 inch HE shells. A real M48 fuse screws right in with no trouble.

Attachments

• Resin 3 inch M42 HE.jpg
    Resin 3 inch M42 HE.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 50
US 37mm M2 canister rounds and M42 3 inch HE with M48 fuses are now available. The canisters look almost exactly like the real thing.

Attachments

• 37mm Resin Canister Rounds for Sale.jpg
    37mm Resin Canister Rounds for Sale.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Resin Canister Rounds Top.jpg
    Resin Canister Rounds Top.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Resin 3 inch M42 HE Projectiles.jpg
    Resin 3 inch M42 HE Projectiles.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 38
US 3 inch/76mm M62 AP projectiles are almost ready.

Attachments

• 76mm Resin AP.jpg
    76mm Resin AP.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 22
More resin items going out to customers. The new items are Russian 85mm AP and arrowhead.

Attachments

• New Resin Projectile Products.jpg
    New Resin Projectile Products.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 73
I am also making resin 17 pounder APDS for a customer.

Attachments

• Resin 17 pdr APDS.jpg
    Resin 17 pdr APDS.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 45
17 pounder with markings and paint. 75mm and 88mm with markings and paint.

Attachments

• Resin 17 pdr APDS.jpg
    Resin 17 pdr APDS.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Resin 88mm HE Projectile.jpg
    Resin 88mm HE Projectile.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 51
  • Resin 75mm US M61 APCBC-T.jpg
    Resin 75mm US M61 APCBC-T.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 49
Here is a collection of reproduction items I’ve made this past year. The projectiles, fuses, and bands are of the appropriate metals... steel, aluminum, brass, copper, and in the case of the GAU-8 bands, nylon. They are engraved with a Gorton
artillery engraving machine, and/or stenciled with either a vinyl stencil mask or a roll stamp setup. I use either original Arsenal specs, or an original example as a model.
22F57E57-11EA-487A-BFB8-7FFBABF82BE7.jpg