What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V2 rocket piece stamped found recently metal detecting

Ringo

Hi

I do post from time to time but haven't found much stuff lately

I have quite a few Treasure finds in museums but to me, this is like a Treasure find

https://youtu.be/urOw-ysZDb8

Unsure what the pieces are but a piece stamped in five years detecting the field

All the best

Richard

I think you actually have an aircraft here. The pieces look to be from an aircraft that impacted at speed. The Waffenampt stamp seems to indicate German. One of the pieces on your video at 6.39 seconds appears to be part of a shattered piston. Be aware that these remains are covered under the Protection of Military Remains Act. If you are prepared to pass me the location - I can ask for you and see if any records relating to this are in existence.

Thanks very much. Surely the stamp means it is definitely German? The farmer was told a V2 landed there and it killed people at least 800 yards away. Blew the house down. All the metal is impossible to bend. Would that be the same for an aircraft, please?

found yesterday in the V2 field. May not have anything to do with it. May not be military. Quite large. Any ideas, please?

008.jpg007.jpg002.jpg012.jpg