What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schurmely 1" 25mm carts

tigbrand

Premium Member
Looking for more info on these flare carts. Were they used in British service or just commercially?? Also details of packaging etc. Cheers Tig.

Thank you Michel, good info on there. Any info on your pics please! Cheers Tig.

Hello Tig,

Not to much info on the cartridge 1981 example. Yours is a signal, mine is a cartridge for propelling the schermuly line bearing rocket. Still looking for the rocket but they seem to be scarce on this side of the pond. Interesting field to collect, life savers instead of takers.

Hi Tim, thanks for the attachments, I did not have that specific info. The cartridges I have are not as per the L series. these are later and although similar in design are shorter(2.2" High) and taper at the case mouth. I now know they are commercial, but are suitable for use in 1" Flare guns.
Michel, I should have notice the size of the cartridge! Yes I agree, interesting field of collecting, a rocket would be hard to find here too along with flares of any type(except semi corroded German ones!) pic of ww2 tin reissued post war. Thanks to you both, Tig.

SAM_0001.jpgI got this Schermuly 1" Flare cart yesterday. It's not dated. Markings read: SCHERMULY SIG CART 26.5mm 1 IN LOT 21 R ILLUM. Yellow star and writing, no head stamp, half-knurled rim.
I could do with a British 1" Illuminating Cart L3A1 and Signal Red L5A2 if anyone has any spare to swap or I can buy. Empty, fired carts are fine with good markings. Thanks.

Last edited: