What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest addition- No.3MKIII

timmymac

Just got this beauty and is instant favorite. This thing amazing, the innovation & engineering coming together that produces half Art, half Ord. is something to behold. I've been collecting 7-8 years and had pretty much steerer clear of WWI Rifke grds in general & British specifically. But late November when I decided this is area I wanted to concentrate on this year, there was no doubt about which example I wanted to begin with. The No.3 is my first, but it damn sure won't be my last. Actual I can see how a guy could collect only these grenades! Thank you Sgtlynn for the grenade and the introduction to s whole other chapter of grenade collecting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 69
Hello,

In a recent post, Bonnex taught us the No3 MkIII has the body of the MkII and no clip.

Regards

I've been hooked on WW1 Rifle Grenades for a while - there is some wonderful workmanship in them.

Here's a close up of two in my collection.

The factory where these were made is about 12 miles from where I live and the remains of the site can still be explored though it's now a nature reserve.

John

DSC_7275.jpg

Last edited:
DOH! Thanks MINENAZ16 for bring that to my attention. Mine us MKI. Sweet examples John, thanks for the peak.

Here's a close up of two in my collection.

On the No3 Mk1 on the right, is that flashing from the V-groove being ground out I see on it? Amazingly well preserved bit of history if it is!!!

The factory where these were made is about 12 miles from where I live and the remains of the site can still be explored though it's now a nature reserve.

I toured the preserve... via Google Earth anyway, after reading this post of yours a few weeks back and Googling Kent England and Grenades and finding the factory site there. Very neat idea to have kept part of the factory as the welcome center! You should totally walk the grounds some day with a metal detector! HA~!:bigsmile: