What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

106R M368 Recoiless Rifle Complete

Posting some pics of the M 368. I found it at a local gun shop, complete with shipping tube. I remember about 10 maybe 15 years ago these were surplused out, common back then? Are they sought after in today's market?.....reason I ask, I am starting a large bore collection as I have noticed items getting crazy priced today....my brother in Chicago attends all the gunshows there and he sees little large bore, this weekend a man was selling an M71 90MM projectile only for $250....he sold it. Seems gone are the days of $50 complete 105's, 75mm's, etc...Anyway, I spent $250 on this one, the only one piece I have the vintage shipping tube for. Comments welcomed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 26
I recall 90mm projectiles everywhere in the 90's. Have not seen any in years. $250 does seem steep for an M71, but I know a few M36 Jackson tank destroyer owners who would gladly pay that. You could easily sell your recoilless round to several folks who own the guns for $250. One guy made his own projectiles due to the lack of such shells as yours. I do not know if they would pay more.

Got mine from Numrich 6 or 8 or 10 years ago. A while. No shipping tube (dangit). In good condition, considering. It was in the $119 range back then, IIRC. Your new one is very, very nice. And worth what you paid for it, considering.
Here's most of my RR stuff.
IMG_1512.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine from Numrich 6 or 8 or 10 years ago. A while. No shipping tube (dangit). In good condition, considering. It was in the $119 range back then, IIRC. Your new one is very, very nice. And worth what you paid for it, considering.
Here's most of my RR stuff.
View attachment 116979

Nice, very nice. That said, I found some money recently, always looking for big bore items....PM me for anything that needs to see the light of day...I am assembling a " collection" for the airshows I attend, planning to do so for another 5 years or so until my 9 year old is no longer interested....girls are not on his radar- yet.

Last edited: