What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad , sad news .

I am in such a great shock right now as I just found out about this. Kev had helped me quite a bit in my collecting endeavors over the last couple of years, he was so kind and willing to help. We had been communicating quite a bit over the last couple of months and doing some trades, but suddenly he was not returning my emails and I could not understand why. This news is the last thing I would ever have expected to hear.

I was looking forward to meeting Kev on my next trip across the pond and to finally see his collection in person. Even though I had not met him in person yet, I felt we had developed a good long-distance friendship. I am really really saddened.

Not only has the world lost a generous guy, but also a very knowledgeable one who I know was going to produce a fantastic book on the SD2.

God Bless you Kev, may you rest in peace and be remembered for a long time to come. My condolences to his family as well.

Last edited:
Iv'e only just heard the sad news :( a great guy and a gentleman.
I will sadly miss Kev's tip offs for M24's on various sites and comments etc.

My condolences to Kevin's family and May god rest your soul my friend

I'm speechless, have been last hour or so since seeing Kev is no longer with us, I left this group due to issues I had with my posted pics turning up elsewhere, so i resorted to speaking to Kev on the phone and via email. I had no idea that he'd passed away, just thought he'd changed his number, or moved away etc.
Kev was by far the master when it came to Butterfly Bombs, and I had passed a real nice one to him as I knew he wanted it, he was a true friend and we often talked about bringing kids up alone (I was a single parent at time too), sometimes it is the greatest of people that are taken away much to soon, miss you Kev, rest in peace mate. Xxx

Its now 12 months ago to the day since Kev left us.
At the funeral the family were giving away small clumps of snowdrops that grew in Kev's garden.
Sure enough the clump I brought back to Wales has grown this year as a reminder.....
Dave.

IMG_1969.jpg

A life that touches others goes on forever. Kev's kindness and willingness to share his wealth of knowledge is remembered every day. I'm sure many will be thinking of him today.

I still miss Kev', always talked to him about the "Butterfly Bomb" Signs he knew about..

Very sad indeed.

I agree, it is hard to believe it has been a year since he passed away. It took me a long time to get used to the fact that he was gone, I still wanted to contact him when something interesting came up. I really miss our conversations.