What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 inch MK 4Z in 2 clips

I purchased 2 sealed boxes of this British 1968 dated ammo as I have never heard of it. Site search pulls up nothing for me, info appreciated. Seller said it was British made Garand ammo in 2 enblocs.....question, was the UK using Garands in 1968? Strange. As I am new to the cartridge field, do I ruin collect ability by cutting the seal open and taking a peek as to what is inside?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
These aren't scarce by any means and quite a few have turned up here in the UK recently. That said, I'd suggest there are collectors out there who might be interested in them so I wouldn't fire them off if you have something else available.
Collector's value here in the UK?.....probably about $3 a round at the most.
Jim

These aren't scarce by any means and quite a few have turned up here in the UK recently. That said, I'd suggest there are collectors out there who might be interested in them so I wouldn't fire them off if you have something else available.
Collector's value here in the UK?.....probably about $3 a round at the most.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I suspect the stuff hit the markets recently, if my local surplus store had it. I bought it hoping it goes the way all other ammo goes in five years, up. Here, M2 ball ( non corrosive) is about .70 cents a round plus ( plentiful) and enblocs are increasing in price, about $2 a clip, so the $18 a box was about market.CMP recently had a large increase in their M2 Ball. It will go into the ammo box and maybe see the light of day in another five years....it is packaged pretty....I will not open them. Thanks all for the input.

Last edited: