What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Murder

M8owner

My 17 year old son, Connor, and I were throwing the Frisbee the other day with his mother. One of the few moments in which we could stand each other's company for more than ten minutes at a time. The Frisbee ended up on the roof of the house, thrown by Connor so he has to go get it. His mother and I (I really do not like acknowledging that she is my wife) wait for him to come out the window of his room on the second story and climb out on the roof. Instead, he appears in the window of my office where I keep my collection. I scream at the top of my lungs for him to not attempt to come out that window. I have shells stacked every where in front of and around the window. He gave me his repeated, two-hands in front of his face wave, that I have learned means "I am not listening to you". I get that wave everyday. He proceeds to start climbing out the window, then disappears back inside. We hear the metallic crashing of objects for the next 10-15 seconds. It sounds like a Bugs Bunny cartoon when someone falls downstairs. I am cringing the whole time and tell my wife we have just had our net savings reduced by several hundred dollars. We do not hear anything for a full minute. I finally go inside to find him with his arms around a large portion of my collection attempting to keep it from crashing to the floor. He is bleeding profusely from his thumb with a pool of blood on some of my shells from where I believe a Russian 76mm AP shell smashed his thumb. He never said anything; he was just holding it all from falling and suffering in great pain - to afraid to call for help.

That is as close as I have ever come to killing anyone.

I thought about it some more. That is not true. His mother came closer to death a few times.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone's office needs a combination lock on the door.

On another note, maybe you could get the kid and the "wife" to kill each other.

Capital idea!!! That reminds me: I had a lock on the door, but he actually removed it one day and put in a door knob without a lock. I almost forgot about that.

Sounds like a beating has been in order for some time.

Lowe's has great electronic combination locks now. If you keep it locked, he can't change the locks. Put an automatic door closer on it, and it will stay locked.

John you're coming at it from the wrong direction. Train, not beat. I started earlier on mine, he is now the commander of a Guard EOD unit. I would never consider using this to my own advantage of course, but a little forethought can go a long way.

Jeff, I understand your situation, and it's great your boy turned out so well. When the person in question changed the locks without permission and defied his father with insults and then caused the damage to the ordnance, he displayed how teachable he was and how much he respected the ordnance.

Last edited:
Wow you just gave me a flashback to when my sons were 4 and 6.
I had stupidly put my Russian ordnance (oddly enough including a 76mm AP round) up on a curio cabinet supposedly out of reach.
Well they tried to climb the cabinet to touch the cool stuff and tilted it, and everything came crashing down... luckily no damage. Almost gave me a heart attack.
I seem to see a pattern here... that Russian ordnance is dangerous - I suspect it may be part of some devious commie plot to kill our offspring.

Your son will be soon old enough to be traded to the army, maybe you will get something interesting.

P.S. I instaled the lock several years ago, now thinking about upgrade.

Thank goodness there are some real kids around. I'd rather hear a story like this that hear that a kid is addicted to an iphone.

John