What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Stolen/lost BR412

jeff w

Just thought I'd share my tale of woe.
In August 2014 I bought a Russian 100mm BR412 projectile from Poland (I live in the US).
It never arrived.

Last week (Feb 11 2016) that very projectile sold on eBay (seller from Atlanta, I'm near Chicago). It's a miracle I saw it (although after the auction closed).
If anybody happens to run across it in their travels, I'd love to get it back.
Guess the next step is to contact the USPS... see if they can help.

Pics from the eBay seller, followed by pics from the original seller in Poland;
s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (7).jpgbr412b.jpgbr412a.jpg

Last edited:
I am seeing a pattern. I had an 85mm AP inbound from Poland, and it disappeared on Dec. 4th after tracking showed it arriving in the US. USPS will be of no help at all.

I am seeing a pattern. I had an 85mm AP inbound from Poland, and it disappeared on Dec. 4th after tracking showed it arriving in the US. USPS will be of no help at all.

Hi Steve - I've had packages from Poland show up 3 months after they were shipped - don't give up hope yet.
But get the "CP###...." tracking number from the senders label and file a missing item thing through their automated web site - they must have some mechanism in place for finding lost items.

I just talked to the Post Office and they told me that "lost" items do get sent to Atlanta, and they do auction the stuff off after a year.

I'm dying because the auction ended just last week and I somehow missed it! It sold for $46!!!!

I wish there was a way to contact eBay buyers - the buyer seems to bid on civil war stuff and it was listed in the civil war section - he probably doesn't know what it is or even want it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Polish seller was selling the same bits to a number of different people.

I believe my Polish seller was honest - I had bought many items from him in the past.
But his packaging was terrible - it was a miracle half of my stuff made it to me. I think that was the problem.

Anyway I have decided I will run a copy of the previous sellers ad on eBay this week and hope to contact the buyer - I will offer him trade/cash for it.
So if you see an ad for "Antique War Giant Bullet Projectile Civil War ? Large with rounded cavity" on eBay please don't bid on it, it is only me trying to find the guy.
Hope someone doesn't report it....