What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze ID needed. Dummies?

I ran across two of these fuzes, they are pictured with an M557. They are ( steel) magnetic, screw into my projectiles, but have no markings on them what so ever. Quite a bit of machining, in addition to the securing coarse thread, notice the fine threads on the inside of the fuze. What are they used for?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 94
Correct. I suspect they are manufacturing rejects as they have no markings, and the man selling them had a box full.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 58
the short ones are the CP fuze, the top is a M 51 sersis PD fuze pretty much a standard on US projos

Found some more, these have markings. The one dated 12-44 is marked " Fuze Nose CP T105 .05 Sec", the ones dated 2-45 marked " Fuze, CP M78 .025 Sec". From a forum search, I take it the " T" number was a testing or prototype before it became standardized as an M78? ....in any case, the man with the bucket full is only selling them as he needs to. For us ordnance collectors, what would " fair market value" be?...or are they only worth what one is willing to pay? ( no established price). I have to go through a relative to make contact with the seller, my only interest would be to buy/ resell to fund more ordnance purchases.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: