What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Couple of 75mm Projectiles

Spitace41

Hi all. I have had these for some time but not really been able to ID them. The one that has been cut in half has presumably had an AP core removed for some reason. I have it sitting in a 1944 dated 75mm M18 shell case, but I am not sure that this is correct, its just what it came with. The fired one is a solid shot with tracer cavity, but again I am not sure of its origin. Any help with these would be great as I would like to display them with the correct cases. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMAG2577.jpg
    IMAG2577.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMAG2575.jpg
    IMAG2575.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG2576.jpg
    IMAG2576.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG2578.jpg
    IMAG2578.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG2579.jpg
    IMAG2579.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 62
Hello,

I don't know the first one (looks like a homemade "souvenir")
The second looks like a German WW2 7.5cm panzergranate 39 (kps band). Caps and base fuze are missing.

Regards

The first projectile is a mystery. By the rotating band, it isn't U.S. It isn't AP and the walls look too thin to be for HE use. It doen't have a crimping groove for a case and the rotating band is close to the base. It is most likely for a bag-loaded gun if it isn't homemade.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. It does appear that the second one is a pzgr 39 which is a surprise as I assumed it was British. As for the first one, I am pretty sure its not homemade or a souvenir, although as has been said it does have thin walls. I have looked a little more closely and near the bottom I can make out a couple of small marks that look like XXX in rectangles. I guess for now it is a mystery.