What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 X 102 pressure test

Slick

Ran across this while looking for something else. There's an assorted box of them, so it's not like I inspected every one, but this one stood out. My educated guess is this was used in testing. A slight bulge with a perforated "half moon" impression midway on the case. No headstamp or other markings. I'm slightly familiar with this sort of testing but not so much as I know anything. Maybe someone has info on the test equipment they can share.
IMG_1584.jpgIMG_1585.jpg

Don't know if that is a sign of pressure testing, most fired Oerlikon(20 x 110RB) cases have a similar 'half moon' impression, i always thought it must be something to do with the ejection mechanism of that particular cannon.

Pics of Oerlikon 20x110RB with similar markings on case.
004 - Copy copy.jpg006 - Copy copy.jpg
Note the middle case appears to have a more raised marking ,might be due to having been polished.

cheers
Bob