What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swedish 9 mm Los Ptr M/39

Bockscar

Here are some images of the red card boxes used to contain Swedish 9 mm X 19 blank rounds.
The second image shows the unusual trapezoidal shape to good effect. These boxes came to me as empty discarded boxes opened at all glued edges. It was an easy matter to glue them back into something like their original unopened condition for display.
The blank ammunition itself is unusual in that it has an actual projectile in the case.... this is made from a mixture of red plastc, resin and fine sawdust and is used in a substitute blank fire barrel on the sub machine gun. This device shreds the projectile into a fine red dust upon firing, and usually leaves everything nearby covered in a fine red sticky dust!
I should be getting some inert blank rounds soon, when they arrive I shall put them up in the relevant section.

Bockscar

image.jpgimage.jpg

In there packages the ammo was packed in 36 round stripper clip, to fill SMG magazine with a loading tool.

Here is a page out from a swedish manual and a picture from the stripper clip.

Attachments

• sw 1.jpg
    sw 1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 10
  • sw 2.jpg
    sw 2.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the additional information and photographs guys, it is all appreciated!
Just to complete the picture, I have included some images of the Carl Gustaf SMG magazines and loading tool along with an empty( well, for now anyway, I hope! ) charger clip.

Bockscar.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I haven't seen the blanks, but found these in a local gunshop a few weeks ago. When no ordnance turns up I pick up whatever unusual small arms is around. Any ID? I have not opened the box.

DSCN6207.jpgDSCN6211.jpg

US-SUBS,
These are 9 m/m Kammerpatron and are used for short range practice shooting.
I started a thread in January 2012 about these and put a couple of images up too. One of them was a sectioned example showing clearly the round ball bearing type insert in the tip.

Bockscar.

The label text says that it should be used only with blank firing barrel, but without blank bullet breaker. I have fired some of these with normal barrel and they very often do not break.

I have heard about the problems with this projectile...seems that sometimes the steel ball tip can be a real danger too.