What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown bomb please help ID

25thapril

Had a good day today found 2 bombs for sale at an old farm but need help to ID them will post them in seperate posts
first one is the strangest it looks Japanese to me but I really have no idea so am only guessing ! Has threads for fuse in base and a thread for some type of nose cone . Fins are welded to the body and ends of fins have 2 small holes in each which would of held the ends of the fins in a box shape using spacer bars ( now missing) It also has 2 holes in the side these look like they were there at time of manufacturing . Also the lifting lug is held on with 4 rivets
dia 180mm length 875mm holes in the sides 110mm
once again hoping the crew on BOCN can help
kind regards Daryl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
looks like the 50 kg type 94

Attachments

• 6045-04519.jpg
    6045-04519.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 51
Thank you Ben and Blu97 very happy to have it ! Would still like to know what the big holes in the side are for ? Could it be a smoke / Gas ?. Bomb
kind regards to all

I think at some stage in its life its been trapanned out, that's where E.O.D machine a hole in the case either to remove fuse pocket or gain access to filling,,,,,, Dave

Which type/model is hard to say from your photos, but the lifting lug is typical of Japanese Army. The holes would have nothing to do with smoke or gas. Millsbomber may be on to something, though it would be strictly for filling, this series of bombs had nose fuze only.