What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

150 mm V3

FZG76

Ordnance approved
Hello,
I search for information on the projectile 150 mm V3.
Someone there any drawings?
thank you very muchCapture d’écran 2016-03-13 à 18.25.13.pngCapture d’écran 2016-03-13 à 18.25.48.png

Here is a material from US inteligence papers.
There is a great article on this projectile by Mr Paul Detlev but I do not think it was ment to be uploaded on the web.
Bob

Attachments

• 15 cm HDP-Pfeil.jpg
    15 cm HDP-Pfeil.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 84
Maybe betongranate version
Are you sure it's for a 15cm gun ? You have to imagine this röchling granate with wider sabots.

S

ro2.jpgro21.jpg

Last edited:
The Gr4481 has fixed stabilizers so the pictures in post 1 are not correct.
I am not sure the V3 would use a concrete piercing shell, since at close to max ranges it would be quite difficult to hit a point target like a bunker.
So the photo in post 4 realy looks more like a röchling projectile. They came as small as 5cm if I am correct.
For further info please see Waffenrevue No.72.
Bob

Last edited:
I've seen your Röchling on FB earlier. The diameter makes me curious. The diameter of the 21cm's sabot (according to GuardianAngel's post on wk2ammo.com many years ago) is 116mm while the 34/35cm's is 220mm. You measured 155mm. This brings up the question about the caliber of the shell. 28cm?

V.

Last edited:
A big thank you for your participation!
With the latest photos, I see that my shot is not V3 !!
Someone will have an idea for his identification ??
Thank you
FOTAFC7.jpg

I've seen your Röchling on FB earlier. The diameter makes me curious. The diameter of the 21cm's sabot (according to GuardianAngel's post on wk2ammo.com many years ago) is 116mm while the 34/35cm's is 220mm. You measured 155mm. This bring up the question about the caliber of the shell. 28cm?

V.

The attached photos show the Röchling sabot that I have.
Measurements are 210mm external diameter and 135mm internal diameter.
Dave.

IMG_1452.jpgIMG_1453.jpg