What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buyer beware of János – Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockteer

Beware of this seller, I recently sent a direct bank transfer for a 17A fuze, plenty of communication with this man by e-mail (27 messages), then when I notified him that the fuze never arrived I have heard nothing from him since. I have sent 12 e-mails since then and he has not bothered to offer any comment or reply - leaves me thinking he had no intention of sendng the fuze, a normal seller would show some concern or at least try to find out what has happend to the package or mabe offer something else in replacement for the lost item. He comes from Baross Str in Slovakia - if anyone wants further info please contact me.

Next step is to contact actionfraud.police.uk to make an official complaint.

Beware of this seller, I recently sent a direct bank transfer for a 17A fuze, plenty of communication with this man by e-mail (27 messages), then when I notified him that the fuze never arrived I have heard nothing from him since. I have sent 12 e-mails since then and he has not bothered to offer any comment or reply - leaves me thinking he had no intention of sendng the fuze, a normal seller would show some concern or at least try to find out what has happend to the package or mabe offer something else in replacement for the lost item. He comes from Baross Str in Slovakia - if anyone wants further info please contact me.

Next step is to contact actionfraud.police.uk to make an official complaint.

Strange that bud? Ive dealt with Janos before and no probs? Once got 2 x cases from him and no worries. SC70 and SC50. Arrived with no worries!
I think he spends a lot of time out in the fields?

I am in contact with Janos for many years. Never worries.
Except in December, I served as an intermediary in transactions for Janos with my PayPal account. I sent money to Janos, the buyer never received the purchase. I had to refund the buyer. So I lost that money ! Janos does not respond to any emails. If anyone can join him .... Thanks
Didier

Didn't SPOTTER specifically state that complaints about people and transaction can only be placed on BOCN if it relates between two members ? I am not sure this thread is allowed to continue regardless whether it is true. No forum is allowed to speculate on gossip.

As a general comment if the sender can send proof that he/she has sent item via recorded postage that is the end of the matter. No seller has any obligation to refund or replace a lost item unless they specifically state that this is the case before the sale takes place. There is no point whatsoever furthering things to the police re: fraud etc. as no military munitions or fuses are allowed under any circumstances to be send through the post so you will not further your cause at all.

I have not dealt with this individual but I have lost many items through the post from Europe (never from UK), it is just one of things you have to expect if you collect in this field.

Last edited:
As a general comment if the sender can send proof that he/she has sent item via recorded postage that is the end of the matter. No seller has any obligation to refund or replace a lost item unless they specifically state that this is the case before the sale takes place.

That's not true according to UK consumer law. When you buy something your entering into a contract. The buyers part of the contract is to supply payment and the sellers is to supply the goods.
If the goods don't turn up the seller has failed to honour his side of the contract and is legally obliged to return payment to the buyer. The seller could then make a claim from the shipper for the shipping fee and the loss of goods. (the seller has a contract with the shipper).

The above may not be relevant to this case but in general the statement above is correct for items purchased in the UK.

No more posts on this thread please. The members feedback category is for exactly that as Seawitch has pointed out, and as far as I am aware this individual is not s forum member, at least not by that name. Thanks.

D

Thread now closed as I have had to remove two new posts this morning, despite requests from another Moderator to stop.
Weasel

Status
Not open for further replies.