What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24cm Th.Br case

Hard to see if it's nt original in lenght, should be 660 mm. The price is amazing, on average it is 50 euro per mm!

You mean that? You can clearly see that the mouth is not straight. I did a quick calculation based on the top image: I would say the case is a bit less than 620 mm high where it should be 660 mm.

LOL, that means by your definition it is getting even closer to 50 euro per mm!

I agree with Hoeksel, it's cut down. My measurement is only 578 mm length when taking a base diameter of 275 mm as reference. I wrote a small program to take measurements from images some time ago. And as Hoeksel says it it clearly visible that the case mouth has been cut down. When taking the eGun pictures links they can be viewed in full resolution. So I think if he is removing the last zero from the price it is still not underpriced. A repair is not impossible but very difficult and time consuming.

Attachments

• 67d34d0014acd6f3[1].jpg
    67d34d0014acd6f3[1].jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
yes, the mouth is not staight as it should be, most likely the sellers doesn't want to sell i guess, on average they do in a good shape 700-750 euro, fair priced. what is about 1.2 euro per mm. and the 50 should be 5 in my first thread.