What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 16mm round

SG500

Premium Member
I have been sent photographs of this round to identify.
All I know is it is 16mm Calibre, probably British, and experimental.
If anyone knows please let me know.
I tried to register on IAA to post it there but can't get logged on as it doesn't like my e mail address, please would someone post photos on there too.
Thanks.
Dave.

Headstamp 1.jpgHeadstamp 2.jpgHeadstamp both.jpgComplete rounds (2).jpg

If K is the manufacturor, I have these ID :

Karlsborg Arsenal, Karlsborg, Sweden
Kirkee Arsenal, Poona-3, Kirkee, India
Kynoch Factories, Imperial Chemical Industries Ltd., Birmingham, England
Probably Kaunas Arsenal, Kaunas, Lithuania

Yoda

When I saw the K headstamp, I thought it might be a Kynoch case, perhaps based on one of the rimmed bottleckneck Eley Nitro Express cases. Maybe .450 No2 Nitro Express. This is just a guess

Dave, do you have the case dimensions?

Will.

Are the cases aluminum or steel? Are they loaded examples?
My first thought would be that someone at Kynoch made a few workbench models for an anti-tank rifle round that he had in-mind. Sort of a 'pre-Boys' concept experiment.

Calibre is 16mm.
I don't have any other case dimensions.
Don't know if they are loaded or not.
Aluminium case.
Copper driving band.
40 of each projectile type were made.
Dave.

does anyone else think the stamping style is a too modern type for the 27 to refer to a date?...also is that a broad arrow stamp on the second photo?

.....and to have a broad arrow,if that's what it is, too......Dave where did you get the information that only 40 of each projectile type was made?...would have thought your source with that information would know what they are and who made them?

Tony

.....and to have a broad arrow,if that's what it is, too......Dave where did you get the information that only 40 of each projectile type was made?...would have thought your source with that information would know what they are and who made them?

Tony

PM sent.

Dave.