What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian PMD-6F Mine Questions

ekim199944

The mine has a glass bottle inside to hold explosive and fuse, see picture. The glass insert that holds the fuse slides into neck of bottle. What holds it from going completely inside? Was there a rubber ring or something to keep it from going all the way in bottle?

Also I am looking for a Russian MUV Fuse that goes with this mine. Does anyone know of any out there?Glass Mine.jpg

They used tar or something similar to hold it in place. I have one that still has this on it. Whatever the material is, it's black and looks like tar to me.

WW2 MUV fuzes are harder to find than I would expect, considering how many of them they must have made. I used to see them turn up on ebay from time to time, but for some reason they were often missing the pull/push pin that is need for this type of mine and had a replacement cotter pin instead. I'd like to pick up a couple complete WW2 MUVs myself. If anyone here has any sources for these, I would be interested.

They used tar or something similar to hold it in place. I have one that still has this on it. Whatever the material is, it's black and looks like tar to me.
Was using resin.

WW2 MUV fuzes are harder to find than I would expect, considering how many of them they must have made.
Difficult to fined? Really??? :tinysmile_eyebrow_t :tinysmile_eyebrow_t:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

Yes, it sounds strange, but I have found it hard to find them complete with the original pin. I know there must be many of them out there.

Yes, it sounds strange, but I have found it hard to find them complete with the original pin. I know there must be many of them out there.

Place, where difficult to fined Soviet MUV and pins for them is paradise! I very want to this place!
pins.jpg uvg.JPG

Wow, that is a lot of pins! They look to me like the pull-type for the POMZ mines, but not the push-type for the PMD-6 mines.

I do want to find a couple of these, but I am glad that I do not find them in the ground when I do not want them. :)

Wow, that is a lot of pins! They look to me like the pull-type for the POMZ mines, but not the push-type for the PMD-6 mines.

I do want to find a couple of these, but I am glad that I do not find them in the ground when I do not want them. :)

For PMD mines was using both pins. And with T-pins no prolem too :)