What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 A.R.P Practice Incendiary Bomb

Weasel

Premium Member
I found this picture while doing some research and wondered if anyone have got some information on its make up and use, did it just produce smoke to simulate a German incendiary ? also any idea what the item next to it is, it looks like a detonator or similar on the end of a pair of wires in a bag or pouch.
Best regards Weasel.

ARP Practice Incendiary Bomb.jpg

The incendiary bottom of pic is what it says there was a thread on the soe incendiary pots. I think the wires and bag are some thing to do with its destruction

I had a look through the old threads prior to posting and although there are other ARP units, there were none that match this one that i could find. I was hoping that there was a better shot of the lable that someone had in their collection or and page from a manual showing an illustration and description of its use and effects.
Weasel

I have got two of these, both different and different again from the one in your pic. One is electrically initiated and the other uses a match fuse. I think a few of the Fireworks manufacturers made them. I don't have any paperwork though. I couldn't find my posts about them on here, prob goes back quite a while. Tony.