What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 Restoration

perky416

Evening all,

I purchased 18 F1 grenades a month or so ago, however like a fool i didnt give them a good inspection and annoyingly they are in poor condition with paint chips down to the metal all over most of them, im pretty annoyed at myself given the price I paid for them.

If I was to sand blast them down to bare metal, does anybody have any ideas as to what I could use / how I would go about re-painting them? They are the IRV green grenades.

Thanks.
Lee

Since no one with real experience seems to want to answer Ill give my less than 2 cents. If I was going to repaint them I'd prime them then go to a model shop/hobby shop and buy the colors needed from them. Obviously grende value would decrease as soon as you sand blasted them but if only for display sake it is what I would try.