What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7cm PROJECTILE

earni74

Premium Member
can anyone give me the nomenclature for this 3.7cm projectile.

It has no stamps or marks so I can not be certain it is German WW2

there are 3 equidistance stabs which appear to hold the upper part in place below the windshield

as you can see, there is a tracer (empty) on the base within the recess

the rotating band is sintered iron

the "windshield" of the projectile appears to be in 2 pieces

I cannot find this type of projectile in my books, and I am assuming it is German WW2

thanks005.jpg004.jpg

I think it is this one. It says practice armour piercing but I can't find more. Maybe someone else?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Practice armour piercing hardcore (hartkern)
Regards, DJH

Last edited:
Hi Earni,
Thats in good condition compared to some i have seen, as for a Pzgr No i cant help as these were practice Ub projectiles for the 3.7cm BK of which there were a number of different types made for testing, i have added a couple of pictures of two i have for comparison, one looks to be the same as yours. I have still not managed to track down a service round yet.
Best regards Weasel.

3.7 ap 2 003.jpg3.7 cm Hartkern 001.jpg

Hi WEASEL, yours are the same as the one I have, thanks for the pics, its the 1st one I have had of this type, one day, we might get the official nomenclature for it
cheers
MICK