What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T.Mi.z 35 Partial restoration

Stray

So I finally completed my "partial" restoration of My fuze the other day, I know it isn't anything special, but I like how fuzes function so if I can't have them in working condition they are just strange paperweights to me. I had been waiting to find the right screws for it, but decided to make them by hand. The fuze as you will see in the picture was pretty beaten up and was one solid mass on the inside. During the restoration I did lose some paint, but I expected to since some of the paint looked like it was flaking off anyways when I received it.
I can't find my original image of it since it has been a while, but I dug up what I think were the seller's image of it:
downloadfile-3.jpeg

After taking it apart (had to drill screws unfortunately as they were rusted solid)
20140712_223727.jpg

And a video of the finished product showing how it was armed and worked (I'm no expert so please only constructive criticism lol):
[video=youtube;GzLHJIVS4uc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLHJIVS4uc[/video]

Attachments

• downloadfile-1.jpg
    downloadfile-1.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 41
Good job with the restoration. I still haven't attempted to take mine apart. I'm glad you had success with your example. Someday if I acquire another example I will likely take one apart and study how it functions.

Good job with the restoration. I still haven't attempted to take mine apart. I'm glad you had success with your example. Someday if I acquire another example I will likely take one apart and study how it functions.

Yeah it went pretty well, still wish there was a way to have freed the screws so that I didn't have to destroy them. Long Time no talk, Hows it going, You ever get the fuzes you were looking for back in the day?