What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordnance Haul

orcutteod

Some very nice German ordnance here with some USA and Jap and Italian at the Pomona CA Military show check out the King Tiger and WWII U-Boat 88's. Apparently the seller bought out somebody's collection the night before. The guy knew nothing about ordnance and had sky high prices I told him he is never going to sell any of it with the prices he wanted at a show like this. And the collection filed is very small with people who are interested in it of course he didn't listen to a word I said and apparently is listening to the advice of so called ordnance experts. I did tell him his best bet is to go to Gun Broker to try and get what he wanted but shipping is going to be a hassle and overseas shipping is out. Good comparison with the German 37mm flak rounds showing belted and un-belted cases. BTW the U- Boat round had an all matching numbers, codes and Kreigsmarine proofs on the fuse and projectile.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 145
Some really nice rounds there, i am sure they were expensive but also how often do you see such a good selection of German ordnance for sale in one place.
Best regards Weasel.

I was surprised to see such a large amount at Pomona. I stopped going as the last time I went I was carrying more trade items than were on display.

Some really nice rounds there, i am sure they were expensive but also how often do you see such a good selection of German ordnance for sale in one place.
Best regards Weasel.
For the King Tiger 88 he wanted $4K! the U-Boat 88 $2K he might get the $2K on GB the 37mm flak rounds $200 apiece and on and on it went. He wanted $100 for a 13mm anti tank rifle round way to much in my opinion.
The King Tiger 88 would have to be in pristine condition to even consider the price. I would have to research and make sure the projectile is correct for it too. I think the seller will have back problems hauling all the ordnance from show to show.

Last edited:
Ok so there is expensive and then there is this guy, like you just siad he is going to get bored of carrying it around eventually and maybe then he will ask a more realistic price.
Best regards Weasel

See my thread in the tip offs section. That is the same guy. I told him to sell on gunbroker two weeks ago. He had sold a king Tiger round with the wood shipping box for $1340.00 ebay before they shut him down.