What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Mines WWI

Diesel

Ordnance approved
Hello

At the Museum depot they have found these items, with a note that it should be related to seamines from WWI. I can see at the markings that they are british. Are there someone here who know what it is?

gn1.jpggn2.jpggn3.jpggn4.jpggn5.jpggn6.jpg

Regards

Diesel

The penultimate item appears to be a base fuze - which one I don't know. (Might be a No, 12 Mk V)
The last item is a "Fuze, percussion, base, medium, No. 12, Mk VII" made by EOC - Elswick Ordnance Company.

TimG

P.S.
The penultimate item is a "Fuze, percussion, base, medium, No. 12, Mk V" made by RL - Woolwich.

Last edited:
Hello Tim
Thank you for the information, the items was given to a local man from EOD personel as souvenirs shortly after WWI, when they removed seamines at the danish westcoast. Now I just need to find out what the two other items are.

Regards
Joern

Hello

There was also a mine horn made of brass. Normally I have sene them made of lead, so I asume it's an earlyer type?

image.jpgimage.jpg

Regards
Joern

Last edited: