What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan mills

timmymac

Got this really nice Pakistan No36 this week. I've admired the one one Dave Sampson's site for years , but I didn't think I'd find one available, so I was very happy to get this one. It is missing original base plug unfortunately. If anyone has a lead of any kind on where I might find one I'd sure appreciate it. Would love to get this Mills complete! Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 51
The grenade is in super condition!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 34
The POF mark is hard to see but it's there! Really happy with this one!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 37
Here's a photo showing the plain base plug and the unique design of the grooves around the filler plug.

Pak Mills_6.jpg

John

The markings on the base plug have been deliberately erased, as have the markings on the segment of the grenade body below the filler plug (by brazing over). The markings on the centre piece will also have been erased by milling out, so that there is now a slight step in the face of the centre piece.

An unadulterated base plug is shown below, courtesy of Dave S's website.

Tom.

Attachments

• POF base plug.jpg
    POF base plug.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 27
mvc-100s.jpgmvc-101s.jpg
John . This is how the one you have shown should look . They were deliberately aged & all markings removed or obscured . There is a reason for this that is probably best not to comment on . Mike .

I am curious what markings show it as Indian? I am just starting to learn a little about the different variants of these.

Joe