What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't buy stolen cannons

Good story - and an honest buyer.

A similar story from the UK. A couple of years ago I was told about a military vehicle collector from Sussex in the south of England who had his 3.7 inch AA Gun (this is the British equivalent of the German 88mm) stolen - with its carriage from his farm . The thieves were scrap metal stealing gypsies. The gun was recovered a couple of days later but as the Police found the AA Gun had never been deactivated, they charged the thieves with firearms offenses not just theft of scrap metal. Result they got 5 years in prison not 6 months.

John

Good story - and an honest buyer.

A similar story from the UK. A couple of years ago I was told about a military vehicle collector from Sussex in the south of England who had his 3.7 inch AA Gun (this is the British equivalent of the German 88mm) stolen - with its carriage from his farm . The thieves were scrap metal stealing gypsies. The gun was recovered a couple of days later but as the Police found the AA Gun had never been deactivated, they charged the thieves with firearms offenses not just theft of scrap metal. Result they got 5 years in prison not 6 months.

John

oh I like that a lot just, goes to show that just once in a while there is justice in this world