What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book: SOE Equipment Air Dropped in Europe 1940 - 1945

Anders

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
Ordnance approved
The objective of the Special Operations Executive (SOE) was to conduct sabotage and espionage operations behind enemy lines.
This book investigates the methods and ingenuity the SOE invested in the equipment supplied to secret agents and resistance networks in occupied Europe.

The
hardcover book measures 25cm x 18cm, weight 900 gram and contains 256 pages written in English, and with lots of high quality photos and documents. A must have book for the SOE collector.

ISBN: 978-87-90975-21-0

The price is £47,00. (Free shipping within Europe)

PM for information about payment and shipping.

Attachments

• SOE Bog Forside.jpg
    SOE Bog Forside.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 111
  • NewPicture102.jpg
    NewPicture102.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Eksempel_1.jpg
    Eksempel_1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Eksempel_2.jpg
    Eksempel_2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Eksempel_3.jpg
    Eksempel_3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Eksempel_4.jpg
    Eksempel_4.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Eksempel_5.jpg
    Eksempel_5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 101
  • For-og-bagside.jpg
    For-og-bagside.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 101
Will the book also be available via an American distributor?

No not for the time being. But for a total of £50,00 I can ship it to the USA.
If you want Track & Trace it will be a total of £70,00.

I suppose it is appropriate to declare an interest before saying how brilliant this book is. The interest being that I helped out in a small way and get a mention. But, that aside, this is a brilliant book. I received a copy yesterday and it immediately struck me as being a quality production. The photographs, of which there are a great many, are incredibly good.

I was particularly pleased to see that the Time Pencil is correctly credited to Commander John Langley and not to the Polish Army (as Foot, and even Gubbins, may have said). Also the fact that Langley worked for SIS's Section D (some files refer to Section 9) and was the 'Technical Division' for while is made clear; for fifty years or so Langley's name was redacted from material released to the National Archives which probably reduced the opportunities to set the Time Pencil story right.

At last the existence of the 0.32 Welrod in Marks I, II and IIA is explained and not confused with the 9mm Welrod Mark 1.

These points show the eye for detail that Anders and Michael have applied to this project. It cannot be an easy subject to research from abroad but then, on the plus side, we seem to have given them plenty of hardware to photograph 70 years on.

I commend it to anyone interested in SOE equipment.

For those interested in this subject you may want to also seek out

'Clandestine Operations' by Pierre Lorain

Published by McMillan New York in 1972 and reprinted in 1983.

Another excellent book.

John

Anders, your inbox is full...which I guess means good news for you!!. well done
Rich

Anders, your inbox is full...which I guess means good news for you!!. well done
Rich
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the heads-up I will clear it now.
I have received your payment and I wrote an email in return.

Best
Anders

Ordered last Sunday, arrived this Thursday!! Splendid service, and an absolutely brilliant book incorporating some excellent pictures that have never been published before. The authors clearly have a deep understanding of SOE Equipment, and their standard of presentation is first class. Really well done.

This book will become recognised as one of the definitive references on SOE material, so I can recommend it to anyone who has an interest in this subject.

Thank you for a supper addition to my library!

Cheers

Switch

I'll also echo Bonnex and Switch's view, awesome book, very high quality paper in nice hardback, even better quality photos and information. Excellent job, I definitely recommend.

Rich

Received my copy yesterday, excellent book, nice to see to clear colour images of some lovely hard to find items along with contemporary images too, many that I've not seen before.
I'll be using it as my shopping list!

Paul

Thanks to everyone for the nice words, I really appreciate it. :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

As usual Bonnex is downplaying his role in the project, but the truth is that without his contribution there would not have been a book,
so once again I will take the opportunity to thank Bonnex for his enormous contribution and commitment to the book.

If some of you will be present at the the La Gleize International Military Antique Fair Show this upcoming weekend the book will be sold there.
For more information: http://www.nordisk-forum.dk/soe/

The book arrived already Friday.
Just brilliant.
Well written, fantastic pictures both wartime and present day.
If you have the slightest interest in SOE items, buy this book!

Well done Anders & co.

All the best
T42

Got my copy today, fabulous book. Well written, great photos, many items that are not detailed elsewhere. If you have an interest in SOE, you need this book.

Thanks for a great reference book.

I received my copy a couple days ago and must agree with all the previous comments and praise for this book. Great information and fine addition to the library. Fits well on the shelf next to Brunner's OSS books.

Also want to say that this book is well worth the money. Its a quality production that contains a lot of good information. Shipping to the USA is quick and the packaging protects the book sufficiently for the crossing.

Is this book still available?

After a little begging... erm... I mean encouragement... my girlfriend is of the opinion that this particular book would be the perfect Christmas gift for Yours Truly ;-)