What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the Ordnance collector who has everything

:idea: Hmmmm, what to do with all the extras in the collection has now been solved. Will have to think up cool "artist" name. Suggestions?

There are serious issues to deal with at our borders and these jackasses are worried about this thing. A quick examination by a qualified EOD person would determine if there are any harmful components.
The local hardware store is awash with potential "devices" which could be made lethal more easily and FAR cheaper than dismantling this "chair".

So if these awful art pieces in my opinion are considered to be a risk to safety,why are they not removing them from the museums and art gallery's in the US?
I don't like them,but if the guy can get mugs to pay that sort of money for them,good luck to him.
Tim.

Here is an update on the fate of the "WAR THRONE".
Curiosity got the better of this cat so I did some research on the legal effort by the chairs owner to recover his property. The text below in red are the 2 responses I received from the chairs owner Adam Solow.

"Its sitting in my living room. Had to drill some holes in it but ATF finally released it to me"

"We litigated for two years in the Eastern District of PA. I think the Judge would have ruled in our favor, I could just tell from the pre-trial conferences we had that she was an art fan and thought that the government's position was ridiculous, especially since we demonstrated that we could buy all of these weapons and grenades within a five minute walk from our home in Philadelphia or via Amazon. The Government attorney offered this compromise, and we took it. We had an artist friend of ours drill the holes in the warehouse that it was being held."

Mr. Solow is an attorney and was therefor able to provide his own representation. A 2 year litigation is beyond the reach of 99% of the public so the Government will win by default, no matter how absurd the case. Mr Solow sued the following persons: U.S Attorney General, head of Homeland Security, head of ATF, ATF agent in charge of Pennsylvania, ATF branch chief in charge of firearms and explosives imports, U.S. Customs port director, and the U.S. Customs commissioner.

Imagine the resources wasted by our Government backing up an absurd decision. I primarily blame the ATF as they should know better. If they are incapable of the basic common sense required to quickly assess this item, then the agent in charge of that region is, in my opinion, unfit to serve in their position.
They would gladly spend tens of thousands of dollars rather than back down and admit they were wrong. As I stated in my previous post 6-14-16, is this really what they need to be worried about? There are serious risks to our safety on a daily basis and they choose to pursue this? A quick inspection, possibly with x-ray, would determine all components to be inert. The importer should bear the reasonable cost of this inspection and then receive his property.

Has the government learned anything? Very doubtful, but perhaps the current administration will prioritize what constitutes national security.

Pat

Was the artist friend EOD qualified?

The most dangerous thing on that carbuncle that I can see is the entrenching tool.