What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info required on this please

Hi everyone,
I am a first timer on the Forum.
Picked this case only at a boot sale recently. I can't seem to find much on the internet about it. 1915 VSM 1 1/2 PDR. Length of case 125 mm and 37mm diameter280.JPG280A.jpg. Can anyone tell me about this piece? I would also like to see a pic of the gun that would use this round.
regards
Jim

highlandotter
Appreciate the info. Is there any place on the net that can expand on your reply?
regards,
Jim

Last edited:
Try quarryhr.co.uk this is Anthony Williams site and I remember he had some history on the development. Short course, they (British) wanted a more powerful round than the 37x94R, They started in the case you have, using the 1 pounder projectile, 11/4 pd rthen made a 11/2 pound projectile, the went to 40mm and they had the 2 pounder. there various projectiles found in the 11/2 pdr, I have2 but they are not common. Hope this helps, the Otter

Try quarryhr.co.uk this is Anthony Williams site and I remember he had some history on the development. Short course, they (British) wanted a more powerful round than the 37x94R, They started in the case you have, using the 1 pounder projectile, 11/4 pd rthen made a 11/2 pound projectile, the went to 40mm and they had the 2 pounder. there various projectiles found in the 11/2 pdr, I have2 but they are not common. Hope this helps, the Otter

Much appreciated.
Jim

Howdy Jimbo,
Nice cart to find in Oz, not that common here, projectile might be a bit of a challenge.
Thanks for showing,
Regards Ozzi.

Hi everyone,
I am a first timer on the Forum.
Picked this case only at a boot sale recently. I can't seem to find much on the internet about it. 1915 VSM 1 1/2 PDR. Length of case 125 mm and 37mm diameterView attachment 123005View attachment 123006. Can anyone tell me about this piece? I would also like to see a pic of the gun that would use this round.
regards
Jim

Jim, This is a case for the Naval 1.1/2 pdr round - fairly rare, but there are a few around. The "N" is a clue! Depotman