What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Egun dispute resolution process

5th Armored

Hi all
I recently won an auction for 2 75mm Sherman cases on eGun. I paid the seller straight away by bank transfer (mistake!). 2 weeks later there was still no sign of the cases so I contacted the seller, who claimed they were sent by GLS a week prior. When I emailed back to ask for the tracking details, he went silent and has been ever since.
I escalated the matter to eGun and as best I can tell if the seller doesn't respond by 02 July, his account will be frozen. I contacted my bank and there is nothing they can do for me as the transfer of funds was successful and initiated by me so I cannot claim fraud.
Has anyone else had experience of resolving disputes with eGun sellers, and is there any advice you can give me to help either get my cases or money back?
Cheers everyone!
Chris

A while ago, i had the same problem witha seller,as far as i know, there's no active buyers protection like Ebay with or without paypal.

Thanks for the reply mate - unfortunately it seems like I will lose out on this deal. Thankfully it wasn't a lot of money or a very rare item!

I was once cheated 290.- € !!! eGun has only the buyer locked nothing else. The had made after 1 month with a new name on. I make police post has brought nothing. shame that you can not pay with PayPal at eGun.

I was once cheated 290.- € !!! eGun has only the buyer locked nothing else. The had made after 1 month with a new name on. I make police post has brought nothing. shame that you can not pay with PayPal at eGun.
Actually you CAN use Paypal on egun but it is strictly between you and the buyer. I'm in the U.S. and have seen items for sale that state "NO International Shipping" and the usual Uberweising but have sent an email to the buyer and he has agreed to let me bid AND accept Paypal. Sometimes they want you to pay the fees, about 5% and, sometimes not. The BIG problem is LOST SHIPMENTS (I have one now that is lost) and the overall seller opinion that a lost shipment is the Post Office's (and your) problem.
Bill
By the way, Russia and China seem to be the only countries that list customs entry and exit on tracking websites. That is something I wonder about whenever a package "disappears" for a while.

Last edited: