What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7,5 cm Vickers or Schneider?

Thanks Tony and Hoeksel for your help in this matter. A pity there is no firm evidence that we used it, but as it is a nice British-made case, I will hang on to it for the time being. All I need now is a nice unfired Vickers-made projectile for it!!

Regards,
Roger.

And now I found a Romanian case that resembles the Vickers case. The case is 45 cm long and the foot resembles the Vickers case (compared to my Dutch cases). I am afraid the case is cut down (but extremely nicely, so I am not 100 % sure), but I will be sure when I find another one. At least I know now that the Romanian 75 mm Vickers case has the 75-26 marking.

Attachments

• Romanian Vickers 2.jpg
    Romanian Vickers 2.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Romanian Vickers.jpg
    Romanian Vickers.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 81
Hello,
this doc about danish vickers ammunition send to Italy:
75mm vickers danesi consegnati all'Itali.jpg

my question, if danish round was longer, how the italians fired these ammos on their guns?

@Defender, I have the book but missed the pics you mention.
regards

The question in this document is asking if the ongoing production of ammunition for danish 7,5 cm Vickers aa guns used in Italy should be continued ;-) It seems there was some fear that to much ammunition of this type is getting produced because the author is asking if there are more danish Vickers batteries are situated in Denmark or Norway for which the >large number of< ammunition could be used.

Last edited:
And now I found a Romanian case that resembles the Vickers case. The case is 45 cm long and the foot resembles the Vickers case (compared to my Dutch cases). I am afraid the case is cut down (but extremely nicely, so I am not 100 % sure), but I will be sure when I find another one. At least I know now that the Romanian 75 mm Vickers case has the 75-26 marking.

Again, several years late, but back in 2016 I definitely wasn't on this forum and I wouldn't have had this info in any case... But I digress.

first off, I hope you kept that particular case or at least managed to find another one like it, because it's not a case for the Vickers/Reșița 75mm Model 1936 AA gun, because the code for that one would have been "75-94" (AA guns were in the 90-95 range) it's one marked "75-26" for the much rarer Reșița DT-UDR75mm Model 1943 AT gun (At guns' codes ranged from 25-29).

Here's the one in my collection for comparison (sadly, also not complete and demilled with extreme prejudice)

61465205_423140001573348_894460002050244608_n.jpg

Also, I can pretty much confirm that the Romanian Vickers AA gun, and, by extension, the Reșița AT gun, both used the 75X562mmR (lenght given in the manual - actual examples usually come to 561mm) case.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks! Better come late then never ;-). I do not have the case anymore as I sold my collection, I have informed the new owner.