What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M66

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am looking for some information on this mine fuze.

I was told it was Danish. I don't know the CODE RM on it.

DIA: 41.82-MM at the Dial
DIA: 37.50-MM at the Body
Length: 65.91-MM

The top dial turns from safe to arm. The weird thing is the fiberboard/cardboard bottom. Kind of a weird material for an item that would go into a mine.

Any ideas on what it is, what it goes to, internal drawings, and what company RM is?

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 51
I am looking for some information on this mine fuze.

I was told it was Danish. I don't know the CODE RM on it.

DIA: 41.82-MM at the Dial
DIA: 37.50-MM at the Body
Length: 65.91-MM

The top dial turns from safe to arm. The weird thing is the fiberboard/cardboard bottom. Kind of a weird material for an item that would go into a mine.

Any ideas on what it is, what it goes to, internal drawings, and what company RM is?

Joe
It is a Danish 6 seconds black powder percussion operated brass delay fuze.
It will fit the hand grenade M/54, the 200gr., 500gr. and 5kg. demolition charge and also our AT mines.

The cardboard disc serves no real purpose. It can easily be removed and below there is a metal disc that serves the purpose of holding debris out of the mechanism.

The photo with the black bagground is mine. Someone has lifted it from a webpage and also removed my logo from the right lower corner. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Not what I was expecting. Do you have a cutaway image of it? I am going to get it X-Rayed but I was curious to see the insides.

Joe

The manufacturer RM is german "Richard Rinker Menden".
The german Army used this device with the designation "DM67" as propelling charge igniter for his "Handflammpatrone DM24A1B1".......and it has no delay.

Attachments

• m66 1.jpg
    m66 1.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 41
  • m66 2.jpg
    m66 2.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 33
  • m66 3.jpg
    m66 3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 47
Thanks for the info. Not what I was expecting. Do you have a cutaway image of it? I am going to get it X-Rayed but I was curious to see the insides.
I do not have a cut a way, but I do have a photo of one taken apart. Notice the cardboard disc is removed. The brass fuze is in two sections. The part with the red dot is the percussion primer and this part is screwed together with the lover part that contains the 6 second delayed powder train.

M66-Pansermine-Tænder.jpg
P.S. I would really appreciate to have a copy of the X-Ray if you don't mind?

Last edited:
I can try but English isn't my native language.

You arm the device by turning the dial to the "Arm" position. This will allow the red firing switch to be pushed in all the way so the thumb rest is almost flush with the brown fuze housing.
When it is pushed home it will release the firing pin that is hold back by the coil spring (both are shown in the photo between the fuze housing and the red push button).
You can see the cut-out for the rear end of the firing pin in the trigger plate.
When released the dual firing pins protruding, will hit and ignite the brass tube holding the primer marked in red which again ignites the powder train.

When assembled the bras primer housing is screwed on to the brass tube containing the compressed powder train (the two brass tubes can be seen next to the fuze adapter under the coil spring). The brass tubes as a whole is then screwed into the fuze housing
and then the fuze adapter is screwd on to the housing and with the end cap screwed on a complete seal is made.

It is a very high quality fuze weighing 115gram.

One more question ... so we have the Danish using it as the M66. The Germans have it and it is called the DM67. Does anyone else use it?

Joe

The full term for that device in German would be:"Treibladungsanzünder DM67" (as rigby already translated: propelling charge igniter).

The 'DM 67' on its own is a numerical code that describes a specific group of ordnance and a model or pattern of a device.
That is to say, the designation DM 67 alone exists multiple times representing different objects.

Best Regards

Sorry, no pictures available.

But on the cover of this device (see first photo in rigbys post) would be the following:

TLANZ DM67
LOS RM-??

Hope that helps.

Best Regards.

It should look like this:

DSC_0027.jpg

But I would expect, that the letters RM and the following numbers are also imprinted.
Unfortunately my skills to draw something on the computer are ... modest.

Best Regards.

Here is the X-Ray:

as you can see this one I have has been fired.

Joe

Attachments

• M66.jpg
    M66.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 26