What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earliest SD50

pajarito

Hi, from Spain.

Does anyone have documentation, drawing or information about the earliest SD50 German bomb? 1938 or before. Before L, Stg and Pr models.

Thanks.

G.C.50
The G.C.50 has the same outer measurements as the S.C.50 It is made up of a sheetmetal casing and sheetmetal wings-part. To contain the explosive charge of 300gr of Picric Acid, a central tube is installed in the vertical axis. The weight of a filled G.C.50 is around 30 kg. The fuze No.16 EL.A.Z. G.C.50, with head contact, is used. The fuze acts as a highly sensitive Direct Action fuze.
Hallo pajarito,
from which publication is the above taken ? Do you know the fuze mentioned and do you may be have a picture of that fuze ? I have never heard of G.C.50 fuze No.16 before.
Rergards,
Bellifortis.
By the way. Could someone translate this? Please

View attachment 123819

This is the document: http://bit.ly/29nLw9s (L.Dv. 199/1. 1935)

I've never heard of that fuze. I saw in the book "Deutsche Abwurfmunition Zweiten im Weltkrieg" the G.C. 50 bomb, an earlier prototype of C-50 bomb. Tested in Lipetsk in 1930 according to my notes. I remember it had a fuze in the nose. Maybe the nº 16, I don't know.

According to the label G.C.50 was filled with chemical stuff ( Kampfstoff ).

This is the document: http://bit.ly/29nLw9s (L.Dv. 199/1. 1935)

I've never heard of that fuze. I saw in the book "Deutsche Abwurfmunition Zweiten im Weltkrieg" the G.C. 50 bomb, an earlier prototype of C-50 bomb. Tested in Lipetsk in 1930 according to my notes. I remember it had a fuze in the nose. Maybe the nº 16, I don't know.

I'm reading my notes again according to the book, and the name of those tested bombs are "C.G.50", "C.Ü.50" and "C.Z.50", not G.C.50. Sorry.

hallo,
Tmine35 is right. The CG-50 is a chemical warfare bomb. It seems to never have gained any importance and may never have been used(to my knowledge), besides experimental use. It was a very thin cased bomb and had nothing to do with the CD 50 that you asked about. C.Ü.50 were cylindrical bombs for training (Übung) and C.Z.50 cylindrical concrete (Zement) bombs. All are variations of the standard S.C.50 bomb series.
Bellifortis.