What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next International No# 1 Torpedo "Best Seller" Book is here......*BOCN SPECIAL*

Dronic69

Premium Member
Good Evening All,

I have to confess that unfortunately it won't be the next international best seller - simply because it won't be available via the normal online bookstores or retail outlets etc; and of course the fact that most people in our society are more interested in their social media Apps, than a historic torpedo development book! :tinysmile_cry_t4:

However for the very, very small number of Torpedo nuts and Naval Collectors, it may be of some interest...............

I'm going to privately publish my 3-year research paper that explores the development of the early Whitehead torpedo pistol mechanisms - how they evolved to overcome obstacles, ongoing challenges and the progressive improvements which lead to consistent reliability.

It will be published as a "sexy" softcover Trade Book size of 8x10 in (21x26cm), approx 50 pages full of diagrams and photos and it's a great torpedo fuze reference book!

At this stage cost will be around the $45 USD mark (+ postage), depending on order numbers etc.

I have attached some snapshots from the book sample for your reference.

PM me if anyone is interested (or email me at: koto911@hotmail.com)

Thanks
Cheers
Drew

BTW - I'm not offering this on any other forums.

Attachments

• IMAG4290.jpg
    IMAG4290.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMAG4288.jpg
    IMAG4288.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG4289.jpg
    IMAG4289.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG4285.jpg
    IMAG4285.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG4286.jpg
    IMAG4286.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG4281.jpg
    IMAG4281.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 124
  • BookCover.jpg
    BookCover.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I WANT! I NEED! I CANNOT WAIT! SO EXCITED!

Jason

I can't imagine why.................................:xd: (LOL)

Thank you to all who have kindly replied - I'll get some shipping estimate to the UK, USA and NZ next week and advise.

The ETA is around 4-6 weeks as I have some additional material to include.

Slick,

The IRS must have intercepted your PM and has taken your money.............. (Hahaha!!!!)

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• Jason.jpg
    Jason.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Good Evening All,

Firstly my apologies for the late advice re shipping costs, however I have now submitted the order and can advise the final pricing:

Book Price: $42 USD
Shipping Cost: $18 USD (Worldwide* via International Registered Post which of course includes tracking + delivery signature)
==================
Total Cost: $60 USD

*Shipping to New Zealand would be $10 USD (Normal Airmail, no tracking etc) For Registered Post to NZ, Aussie Post only provides the above Worldwide option of $18 USD.

At this stage I can only accept payment via Paypal.

Please contact me directly at: koto911@hotmail.com

Thanks
Cheers
Drew

BTW - I'm expecting the books to be delivered from the publishers early September.

Well, I just got my copy late yesterday afternoon and I am truly beyond excited! In all my years collecting and researching early torpedo artifacts, this book is a dream come true! WELL DONE, DREW! This book is truly amazing in every way and is so needed as nothing has been written to my knowledge that so brilliantly sums up in a historical, developmental time-line fashion the development of early Whitehead Torpedo Fuze/Pistols. This book shows photos of specimens that I have never seen before and I have been passionately collecting and researching inert torpedo pistols for almost 20 years. The photos are spectacular and the information contained is priceless. I am so excited and totally stoked about this book. Thank you so much for all of your intense hours making this book happen, Drew! You did an incredible job writing this book and I am grateful for it. It's a favorite in my collection! Anyone with the slightest interest in torpedoes, Navy weapons or history in general, NEEDS this book!

Jason

IMG_8656.jpg

I got my copy last week. Drew this book is brilliant. Thanks so much for putting in the hard work and writing it.
Guys, this is a very nice book to have. Highly recommended.
Dave.

Jason /Dave,

Thank you for the great feedback - very much appreciated!

Cheers
Drew