What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification request

REDHAT6

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Greeting again and another What is it item.

Location, size, weight unknown.

Suspect that it is a hand grenade and not ejected ordnance, but what and whose? Also is it a frag collar over a blast body or just a nice lump of steel to chuck at something or somebody?

Again, Be Safe and thanks to the hive for any info.

REDHAT 6

untitled.jpguntitled1.jpg

the serrated body looks similar to some stake mines.also the casting looks brand new,maybe some sort of movie prop

A bit off the wall perhaps but they look very similar to the drums from a corn kibbler,a hand cranked machine used to crush maize,?
Don,

Its the Belgium PRB hand/rifle grenade, as hand grenade it can be used as offensive or defensie roll, we have it as rifle grenade.

Attachments

• IMG_20160722_080747.jpg
    IMG_20160722_080747.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20160722_080827.jpg
    IMG_20160722_080827.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Naamloos2.jpg
    Naamloos2.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 39
  • Naamloos1.jpg
    Naamloos1.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 44
Hi,

I have it under the name PRB M62 but I have no docs to support this assertion.

Regards,

S.

Not a corn kibbler then,Thanks blu97 for the identification,it proves my suggestion was completely off the wall,
Cheers,
Don,

so it was indeed one in the series of the PRB NR7's grenade variations.

I have following denominations for this type of grenade:

NR7, 157gr, no frag coil, handgrenade, offensive, range: 35m
NR8, 456gr, regular frag coil, handgrenade, defensive, range: 30m
PRB 103, 469gr, regular frag coil, riflegrenade, range: 350m
PRB 104, 795gr, Cast iron frag coil, riflegrenade, range: 200m

I had never seen a picture of the PRB104, but seen the description and weight , I guess this is the one...

Beihan62: It is not a problem; the hardest thing we Ordnance types have when identifying something, is to REMEMBER that everything that looks like ordnance is NOT always ordnance. So we need someone at times to think outside of the box.