What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordnance detectives, ID this round.

I came across this auction, NO details, just " large drilled out artillery shell". Can anyone make a fairly certain call as to what it is? The auction closes in less than a day....I suspect it is a 106MM case?....projectile has no pre engraved driving band, not correct, or just a projo placed to fill the hole?...I also tried to count the holes in the casing (40 length wise) to determine what caliber it may be, no luck....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I came across this auction, NO details, just " large drilled out artillery shell". Can anyone make a fairly certain call as to what it is? The auction closes in less than a day....I suspect it is an inert 75MM?

Lokks like 106mm RCL HEAT

Thanks Flak, , I edited my post to add 40 holes which is the same amount as my 106 RR inert hep. The projo seems to not have any rifling engraved in it, if an original projo, what could it be?

Be aware, the projectile is a 106RR HEAT, but it appears to be missing some parts. It looks like it is missing the very tip of the nose, and if you look closely through the perforations, there don't seem to be any parts inside the case, which would mean it is missing the gas chamber and all of the fold out fins.

So, if you buy it, all you are getting is most of what appears outside the case.

In Euro's 135 would be a fair price for an inert 106mm HEAT RR, if inner parts are still complete.

Last edited: