What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No. 80 Fuze opinions please

Malmaison

Okay, so, I bought this No. 80 Mk VI fuze from an 'antiques centre' yesterday and I'm having regrets already! It is the first and only fuze I have ever bought and thought (a little naively) that they were perfectly safe due to the amount I have seen on sale in all kinds of places. Anyway, I have been doing a bit of research and I'm beginning to have major doubts about whether I should have bought it in the first place (i.e. for personal safety reasons!). I just couldn't leave it at the time as the price was good and it is in nice condition with the adaptor too.

My concerns increased when I was taking photos for this forum and black granules were falling out the bottom hole onto the paper.

Should I be swiftly taking this back to where I bought it from?

Thanks all..!

Fuze 1.jpg

The gas escape ports are still sealed, which indicates the powder rings have not been ignited. However, it is possible the powder has been removed.

TimG

Hi TimG,

Thank you for your response! The fuze is frozen solid so would it have been possible to remove the powder just via the hole in the bottom? Do you think the black granules freely falling out the bottom is what I think it is...?

Malmaison thanks for letting us know your decision,
just keep looking im sure you will find another nice strippable one ..