What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue ammunition box

13th battalion

H, I've just bought a 1942 b167 ammunition box and after rubbing some of the thick black paint off, it appears to be painted blue all over, even the underside of the lid. It appears to have no writing but it does have a two piece broad yellow stripe down the centre on the front of the box. It has then been over painted green. Anybody have any info on the blue colour please?

It doesn't sound like an ammunition colour scheme, it might have been repainted for use as something else.

Underneath the blue looks to be red primer, then bare metal. I love these boxes, everyone I've done has a different story. Be good to know this one but maybe it'll just be a mystery.

I've seen boxes painted in regimental colours schemes, guards ones done blue, red, blue etc

I have a Blue M24 box .. but under the blue paint is the rarer Afrika tan colour ( the correct Fur Tropen colour) this will be a special restoration job later,,will post piccs as n when I clean it .

Attachments

• $_57C.jpg
    $_57C.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 18
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 17