What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Hertz mine horns query

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
the German lead Hertz mine horns appear to come in 2 sizes, one slightly longer than the other (sorry, no sizes available) and some have a red band around them whilst others don't. Anyone know what the differences are please.

thanks, Dave

Dave,

Are you sure it's only the lead horns which have a different size, or might the difference be caused by changing of material (steel horns instead of lead horns because of critical shortage of lead - 1944 )?

Stef

hi Stef, I finally managed to dig them out! both lead, the taller being 160mm high, the other 148mm. The larger one is stamped 'qv' within a circle and the other 'brd'.

I assume they are German as that is what we were told when they were readily available.

Dave100_0632.jpg

hi Stef, I finally managed to dig them out! both lead, the taller being 160mm high, the other 148mm. The larger one is stamped 'qv' within a circle and the other 'brd'.

I assume they are German as that is what we were told when they were readily available.

DaveView attachment 125305

Hi Dave,
"brd" and "qv" are the manufacturors code :

brd : HAGENUK-Hanseatische Apparaetcbau-Gcsellschaft Neufcldt u.Kuhnke GmbH, Kid

qv : unknown to me

Yoda