Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Leiden
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 107 Times in 43 Posts
    I walked past his table when the guy was just unpacking on Friday and immediately bought the sectioned FAP and the 23mm. Was a bit of luck. The craftsmanship on the sectioning is very good.
    The Mk149Mod0 is very nice.
    Thank you for showing your additions.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Leiden
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 107 Times in 43 Posts
    Hi all,

    Three new additions to the collection. The 23mm and the 40mm, each complete a "sectioned/complete" set. The APFSDS-T will need a sectioned buddy in te future. Sorry for the bad quality picture of the 40mm.
    Regards,
    Dominique

    20161108_175537.jpg20161108_175412.jpg20161108_175436.jpg

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Haenosaki For This Useful Post:

    SG500 (10th November 2016)

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    592
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 114 Times in 87 Posts
    Just found this thread again, never saw any of the updates you posted Haenosaki, but oh my lord, those are some awesome pieces! I always say you guys over in Europe have some of the best stuff!

  5. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    644
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 172 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haenosaki View Post
    The additions to the collection from the ECRA meeting in Landhorst, The Netherlands this past weekend.
    It was a great meeting, but unfortunately only two or three seller specialized in modern AP stuff. Still, managed to get some excellent items and could have gotten more, but funds were exhausted.
    The items:
    20x102 FAP sectioned
    20x102 AP type NM40
    23x151B BZT sectioned
    25x137 APDS Dutch CTG121 penetrator
    25x137 APDS unknown penetrator
    30x170 French APHC
    30x173 APFSDS-T NM225
    30x173 MPDS penetrator
    35x228 APDS-T
    105x617R PRAC DS-T complete round
    120mm Rheinmetall APFSDS-T DM33
    (if you see any identification mistakes, please let me know. I am not sure about some items)
    I recognise your item 30x170 French APHC :-) From what i understand and I quote "they were from the Rheinmetall trials for the new AA Tank for the Bundeswehr in the early 60s. Probably you can find out more about it using Google or Wikipedia - that Rheinmetall design was called Matador and was canceled because the Germans wanted the Contraves Radar but that alone was not availabel so they had to adopt the 35mm Gepard. Thats the very short story on them". The guy I got them off was involved in the trials.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

    Haenosaki (15th December 2016), SG500 (14th December 2016)

  7. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Leiden
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 107 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I recognise your item 30x170 French APHC :-) From what i understand and I quote "they were from the Rheinmetall trials for the new AA Tank for the Bundeswehr in the early 60s. Probably you can find out more about it using Google or Wikipedia - that Rheinmetall design was called Matador and was canceled because the Germans wanted the Contraves Radar but that alone was not availabel so they had to adopt the 35mm Gepard. Thats the very short story on them". The guy I got them off was involved in the trials.
    Hi Charlie, thanks for the info. The guy I bought it from also told me about the Matador project. One of the books I have, labeled it French, but I think it should be labeled German or Swiss? Do you or does anybody else know if this specific type of round was ever used in any different weapons?

  8. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    644
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 172 Times in 84 Posts
    Not that I know of. I used to have a few of them though!

    IMG_1949.jpg

  9. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Leiden
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 107 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Not that I know of. I used to have a few of them though!

    IMG_1949.jpg
    Thanks for the info. That is a nice line up.

  10. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,401
    Thanks
    398
    Thanked 529 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haenosaki View Post
    Hi Charlie, thanks for the info. The guy I bought it from also told me about the Matador project. One of the books I have, labeled it French, but I think it should be labeled German or Swiss? Do you or does anybody else know if this specific type of round was ever used in any different weapons?
    I think that the French were probably the main European Army users of the Oerlikon AA guns in 30x170: they had a couple of different SPAAGs using the guns. SPAAGs armed with these guns are still in use (oddly enough) in South Korea as described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K30_Biho I think that most uses of the KCB guns were actually in naval mountings, as extensively used by the British RN (although now being phased out).

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Williams For This Useful Post:

    Haenosaki (17th December 2016)

  12. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Leiden
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 107 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Williams View Post
    I think that the French were probably the main European Army users of the Oerlikon AA guns in 30x170: they had a couple of different SPAAGs using the guns. SPAAGs armed with these guns are still in use (oddly enough) in South Korea as described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K30_Biho I think that most uses of the KCB guns were actually in naval mountings, as extensively used by the British RN (although now being phased out).
    Hi Tony, thank you for the excellent information.

  13. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,401
    Thanks
    398
    Thanked 529 Times in 289 Posts
    Pictures of the two French AA tanks, both armed with twin 30mm Oerlikon KCB: first, the lightweight version based on the AMX-13 light tank, and then the bigger and more sophisticated one based on the AMX-30 battle tank, which was only sold to Saudi Arabia.

    170px-AMX-13_DCA_img_2328.jpg

    AMX-30_SA_2.jpg

    In addition, towed AA gun mountings were made - this illustration from http://www.militariarg.com/air-defense-artillery.html shows a twin 30mm mounting:

    5273474.jpg

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony Williams For This Useful Post:

    doppz92 (27th January 2018), Haenosaki (19th December 2016)

 

 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top