What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early German WWII Pak 36 37mm HE Fuse

M8owner

The first fuses for the Pak 36 HE rounds were converted antiaircraft gun fuses. The self destruct delay action was inactivated, and they were marked with a red nose. I finally found one. This is the 3,7cm Kpf Z with a line through the Zerl or self destruct delay. All original. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 37mm HE Pak Red Nose.jpg
    37mm HE Pak Red Nose.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I have another one, what means the "MP" markings on the body?

Attachments

• 3.7cm Kpf.Z. MP, 1, GE,.jpg
    3.7cm Kpf.Z. MP, 1, GE,.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 70
In the middle of 1940 the black powder delay charge was changed to smokeless powder (Maske Pulver).
Bob

In the middle of 1940 the black powder delay charge was changed to smokeless powder (Maske Pulver).
Bob

Ok I understand, but...
if these fuzes were converted early in the war for the A/T gun ammo into fuzes w/o SD (self-destruct) feature, and the "MP" marking indicates the change of delay powder in the middle of the 1940's, does this mean the "MP" marking was stamped on the body before the conversion was made? Why otherwise having a change in the powder for SD, when the SD was eliminated anyhow later on!
Any idea or do I miss something?
Erhard

Hallo Erhard,
the change was made for the original fuze. Please see the HDv 453/3 (attached)
Remember also that the fuze has a powder safety mechanism even when the SD feature is disabled.

Bob

Attachments

• 3,7cm KpfZ.jpg
    3,7cm KpfZ.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 46
Bob, thank you for this info, I don't have had this information.
It make sense!
Erhard