What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M-100 for Skymarker Bomb 100 lb

Fusse2004

Premium Member
Hello! Want to introduce you my new access! A M-100 for smoke bomb 100 lb. Have in getting at the weekend at the meeting in Landhorst. Have a question about this: this Fuze was produced in series? Greeting Harry

Attachments

• DSCN0778.jpg
    DSCN0778.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN0779.jpg
    DSCN0779.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 59
Harry,

The answer is probably in TM 9-980, from september 23, 1940 or earlier versions of this TM. Fuze was already obsolete in TM 9-1980 from june 3, 1942.
I tried to find it online, but I didn't succeed.

Regards,

S.

Apologies for the late response, but I've only recently found the relevant files in the USAF archives.
This was a USSTAF modification developede in August 1944 to allow M100 series fuses to be fitted to nose and tail of the 8AF-developed CHB Skymarker Mk.I, an itself a modification of the basic M47A2 chemical bomb casing.
The official modification drawing was issued in October 1944, and superseded both the initial electrically-fired bursters an earlier Skymarker modification to allow the use of RAF-supplied No.848 fuses.
SM M100 Fuze 4.jpg
SM M100 Fuze 5 J.jpg
Smkr Mod.jpg

Hope that helps,
PB