What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching for books or pictures showing WWII German bomber bomb bays

WWIIBuff

Hello Gents,

Does anyone know of a good reference book or any other place I might find detailed pictures of the interior of various German bombers from WWII? Most specifically I am looking for pictures and/or diagrams showing how the bomb fuzes were charged while the bombs were mounted in the bomb bay. In other words, a clear picture of the charger on the bomb.

He are the few I have been able to find on the internet so far, unfortunately none of them clearly show the bomb arming (charging) mechanism's:

3087 (12).jpg3087 (14).jpg3087 (13).jpg3087 (15).jpg3087 (16).jpg3087 (11).jpg

Thanks

John

Last edited:
I don't think this is what you're looking for, but might be of assistance.

TimG

Charging connectior2.jpgCharging connector1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures guys. Those are two of the parts that I am trying to find pictures and diagrams of. I want to see them in use on the bombs inside the planes. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Pysall that is the unit I just added to my collection and the reason I started this thread. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Schloss

Hallo,
I do not know which model you are looking for, there were quite a few different ones. These are the attachments to the fuze. Inside the plane were the Fuze-Switching-Box where you could set the delay for the fuze and the Fuze-Batterie-box, which delivers the electric energy for the fuze. The left foto is one of the many "Schloesser". The right one is one of the many types of Fuze-switching-Boxes.
regards,
Bellifortis.

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 32
  • ZSK 242.jpg
    ZSK 242.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 25
Hallo,
I do not know which model you are looking for, there were quite a few different ones. These are the attachments to the fuze. Inside the plane were the Fuze-Switching-Box where you could set the delay for the fuze and the Fuze-Batterie-box, which delivers the electric energy for the fuze. The left foto is one of the many "Schloesser". The right one is one of the many types of Fuze-switching-Boxes.
regards,
Bellifortis.

Thanks for the images Bellifortis. The first diagram you show looks like a copy of a blueprint for the charging apparatus I just bought. I am looking for information on all models that were used and pictures of their use. I would also like to know the terminology or German names of all the various parts. Where is your blueprint image from, is it in a book?